I have been looking at my shark watch manual and it is a difficult thing to read and then fix time. It took me a while to understand each step and I wondered why these guys are not able to write the manual in an easier way. Then I remembered who reads the manual? this thought is engraved deep into the minds of the brands and they are not putting in innovative thought processes onto the manuals.
Turns out they are limited in terms of page size and have to squeeze in self-explanatory terminologies and sentence structure. If a little percentage of money spent on marketing is spent on the manuals then people would begin reading them. This post is focused on how to set time on shark watch in an easier way. I have read the manual and written it in an easier way just like the g shock watch manual I wrote earlier.
KNOW THE WATCH HEAD BEFORE SETTING TIME ON SHARK WATCH
Before we begin into setting time, I want you to look at the attached image and for the sake of this tutorial call the 4 buttons as A B C and D.
A is the button next to Start/Stop.
B is the button next to Lap/ Reset.
C is the button next to Mode.
D is the button next to Light.
The Names of the buttons are marked on the figure below for your ease.
WHAT IS Home Time MODE
The button C toggles display between different features of the watch for example by default the watch is in Home Time mode which means that whenever you look at your watch it is displaying the home time. Pressing button C will display different modes on the watch.
Apart from home time mode, there are three more display modes such as Home Time Alarm, Stop Watch and countdown timer. For the sake of simplicity, I will stick to the time mode only.
How TO SET TIME
Now that you know that Home Time is the place where you have to edit the time, you need to know how to enter the editing flow for the home time mode.
In order to do so follow these steps:
- Press the button C on your shark watch and it will show the Home Time Mode. Now there are two types of Times stored on the watch one is home watch and the other is foreign time, this tutorial is focused on home time mode and the same procedure can be used to set foreign time as well.
- After pressing C, you can press button B to toggle between home time and foreign time.
- When the watch screen shows the home time, press the button B for 2 seconds. Pressing the B for this duration will enable the time editing for the home time mode.
- After two seconds you will see the SET text on the watch screen. Great now you are in time editing mode. You will observe the second digits blinking.
- Because the seconds are blinking it means that they are in the editing at the moment. Press the A button and the seconds will become 00 on the watch.
- After setting the seconds, we need to edit the minutes now. To move from second to minutes, now press the button C. You will now see the minutes blinking on the watch.
- In order to change the minutes, press button A and minutes will begin to increase. If you hold the button for longer then the increment of minutes will speed up.
- When you are done with setting time, then press the C button again to now change the hours on the watch. After pressing C the hours will begin to blink on the watch screen.
- Follow the same process and press the A button to change the hours on the watch.
- To change the hours in either 12 hours or 24 hours format press S1 Button after setting the hours. Pressing the S1 will display pm on the screen, pressing it again will not show the pm. If pm is displayed on the screen then it means that the time is in 12 hours format. If no pm is displaying then the watch is in 24 hour time format.
Congratulations you have set the time on your shark watch. If you want to switch to other modes then use the C button to get into that mode and press button B for 2 seconds to enter into its editing mode.
You can use the same above process to change the foreign time. Moreover, the same process can be carried onto changing date-time and set the alarm time.